03 February, 2011

Peshka Training Course....

My weekly ChessOK RSS feed tells me that a free course "Play like Botvinnik" is available at Chess OK.

I own the similar Lasker offering ( in the Play like a World Champion series )  as an 'old-style' Convekta course, not the new Peshka version they are offering. I suspect the content is the same, but the interface will be different.

Certainly worthwhile, especially as its gratis !

Update:  See the comments for a note on how Peshka works, as it doesn't seem intuitive ....

2 comments:

ScotchYeti said...

I have downloaded the course as well. It's not very easy to use! After many tries I found out that the games are "hidden" in the tasks and are not listed in the navigator.

First you pick a topic from the navigator and get a board where nothing can be moved. Switch to the "Notation" tab and then move on to the next task by using the arrows at the top. Voila, a game shows up.

Signalman said...

I haven't tried it yet ( at work :). The original course was fairly obvious as it used the Chess Assistant product as a base. I have no other Peshka products.